Asbestos Awareness Week 2020 will be from 23 – 29 November.
The sub-theme relates to the fact that people are using the extra time we all have at home due to COVID-19 to do home improvements and maintenance. It encourages people to be aware of the potential asbestos risks before they start any work.
The campaign messaging has three parts:
- KNOW the health risks of asbestos exposure
- BE AWARE of where asbestos might be found before you start work (“it lurks in more places than you’d think”)
- CALL a professional to check, remove and dispose of it safely.
The campaign pack has a range of template resources for you to use, including a variety of social tiles and graphics to use.
How to get involved in Asbestos Awareness Week: 23 – 29 November 2020
1. Go to the Asbestos Awareness Week Campaign Pack on our website and download a range of resources to use. (we have also attached the stakeholder pack for you to this email)
2. Customise and share the resources with your workplace and community stakeholders (there are editable files available for your use)
3. Follow the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency on social media to keep up to date.
4. Use the hashtags #asbestosawarenessweek and #asbestoslurks when promoting Asbestos Awareness Week on social media.
5. Email us at events (at) asbestossafety.gov.au if you have any questions or need assistance.